- How was the generation of computer classified?
A) by the device used in memory & processor
B) by the speed of computer
C) by the model of the computer
D) by the accuracy of computer
- Which of the following is not a feature of first generation computers
A) They used vacuum tubes or valves as main electronic component
B) They consumed lots of electricity and produced excessive heat
C) They used machine language and assembly language to program the machine
D) None of above
- CAD stands for
A) Computer aided design
B) Computer algorithm for design C) Computer application in design D) All of the above
- Which of the following memories has the shortest access times?
A) Cache memory
B) Magnetic bubble memory
C) Magnetic core memory
- A small or intelligent device is so called because it contains within it a
B) Microcomputer C) Programmable D) Sensor
- Which of the following is not a primary storage device?
A) Magnetic tape
B) Magnetic disk
C) Optical disk
D) All of above
- Who invented Analytical engine?
A) Blaise Pascal
B) George Bool
C) Charles Babbage
D) Dr. Herman Hollerith
- CPU speed of a personal computer is
A) 32 KIPS
B) 100 KIPS C) 1 MIPS
D) None of these
- Circular division of disks to store and retrieve data are known as
- Which statement is valid?
A) 1KB = 1024 bytes
B) 1 MB=2048 bytes
C) 1 MB = 1000 kilobytes
D) 1 KB = 1000 bytes
1-A 2-C 3-A 4-A 5-D 6-D 7-C 8-B 9-A 10-A